Thursday, February 23, 2012

We Aren't Robots

Have you noticed recently that leaving comments on Blogger blogs has become more aggravating? The new word verification widget that Blogger implemented is crazy making! I have often had to refresh two or three times in order to be able to decipher the words well enough to enter them correctly. So very frustrating. So, I was thrilled to read M-R's post on Quilt Matters yesterday explaining the change and MORE IMPORTANTLY, linking up to explanations for how to undo word verification. Blogger hasn't made it easy, let me tell you! The new interface doesn't have an option for turning verification off.

Lucy from Charm About You wrote about her frustration and even created a blog button to draw attention to the issue. So did Claire over at Sewing Over Pins.   They also explain why spam shouldn't be a concern so both posts are worth reading. But even better: both posts link to instructions for turning word verification off. Hallelujiah! The last thing I want to do is discourage people from commenting on my blog and really, how many times are you willing to retry entering words before throwing your hands in the air and giving up?!
Charm About You

2 comments:

  1. I turned mine off too or at least I hope it isn't still on! I have started getting spam though so we shall see if i end up putting it back on or not

    ReplyDelete