Sunday, March 11, 2012

Wonky Stars and Sashing


I finished my March block for the We Bee Learning Bee tonight. Brandie asked for a Wonky Star block in dreamy aquas, buttery yellows and light greys with a white background. I didn't have any yellows in my stash so I had an excuse to shop. Thanks Brandie! I still need to make a siggy block before putting this in the mail. Here's the finished block.


Thanks for your suggestions about sashing my Sew Happy quilt. I decided to use white with purple cornerstones and went to The Workroom to pick up more Kona White. Except when I got there, I found out they were sold out! Since I really want to finish my top by the 18th, I asked one of the girls to help me select something else. And I'm so glad I did. I selected Basic Grey's Grunge in Rosemary. It's green with the perfect pink in it. I'm about half done the sashing. Here's a sneak peak.



I'm going to use the purple for the back, so it won't be wasted. I also picked out a pretty print for the binding. This quilt is going to be so fabulous!

No comments:

Post a Comment