Sunday, July 29, 2012

Happy Melon Quilt: A Photo Finish

Well, it took eight months, but I am happy to report that the quilt I made as part of the Sew Happy quilt-a-long is done. And not only is it finished, but it has a name too!

Introducing the Happy Melon Quilt...





I love everything about this quilt: the bright happy colours, the straight line quilting, the scrappy border and the wonderful crinkliness that emerged after washing.

Fabric: Grand Bazaar by Patty Young, Moda Grunge, Outfoxed Jewels and some random stash.
Finished size: 64 x 51
Quilting: organic vertical straight lines and horizontal lines on the top and bottom.

I'll be linking up with Manic Monday tomorrow.

8 comments:

  1. It's beautiful, Lisa. I love that colour palette!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful quilt-on both sides! Lovely colours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa,
    Its so beautiful! You are so talented. Wow wow!!! Well done.

    Sylvie L.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sooo beautiful! LOVE the bright colors ... really nice!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! It's been fun watching this one come together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with you...I love everything about this quilt! It's beautiful! I'm especially in love with the quilting. (I've been meaning to do something like that...now I think I MUST do something like that!)

    ReplyDelete