Monday, July 30, 2012

Mail Day!

I am not a patient person. Every day for the last week, I've asked the conceirge at our condo, "Did UPS drop anything off for me today?"  And every day she's said, "No."  But, finally, today, when I opened our mailbox, there was a first class mail envelope with my name on it.  YES!


My Kona colour card arrived! I've been anxious to get started on my Sew Intertwined Quilt, but when I went to The Workroom to pick up solids, they didn't have any of the teal shades I was looking for. I'd already disassembled my Sea Spectrum FQ bundle so although I'd selected two blue/greens from my stash, I didn't know what they were called so I couldn't order more. Now that I have my handy dandy colour card, I will never have this problem again! By the way, if you want to pick up your own Kona colour card, Fat Quarter Shop has it on sale for 20% off. The sale ends tomorrow.

From left to right: Jade Green, Glacier, Olive (although it looks very much like Artichoke), Avocado, Bright Pink, Cerise & Ash. The Heaven and Helsinki City Block print will be the back of the Sew Intertwined Quilt.
These three prints somehow made their way into my Fat Quarter Shop shopping cart. I really have no idea how it happened! It might have had to do with them having been on sale. You'll recognize the middle print from my Happy Melon Quilt (it's from Grand Bazaar, and is called Melon Persian Wall). It was the last half yard the Shop had and I couldn't resist it. The other two prints are Lime Sundae from Ruby and Moss Dahlia from Terrain. I bought a yard of the first and a half yard of the second. I usually just get fat quarters, but these larger cuts are good for the pieced backings I so adore.

Now, I must be off! I started a new project yesterday which I'll be blogging about for WIP Wednesday this week. Talk to you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment