Tuesday, July 10, 2012

A Plan Foiled

What I'd hoped to do tonight? Make a second Wiksten tank in a smaller size.  Alas, it's not to be. I'd forgotten that I still needed to prewash my fabric. Ah well.

So instead, I've decided to share with you a block I made over the weekend. It's a wonky lightening bolt block in aqua and red for the July host of my We Bee Learning bee. We used this tutorial by jenn of all trades.

Now, I'm pretty sure I've shared with you that I'm a bit of a perfectionist when it closes to my crafting. I like perfect points and seams that line up all pretty. This leads to a bit more time with my seam ripper than I'd like, but it's worth it in the end, because to my eye, my mistakes are glaring. Good enough just, well, isn't. Now, one of my stumbling blocks in life is that I am speedy. It sounds like a good thing, right? I do everything super fast. I like to think I'm efficient, but I have to admit that at times, being quick leads to errors that could be averted if I just. slowed. down.


Case in point: the photo above. The red vertical stripes are supposed to start in the top left corner.


Luckily, a little surgery was all it took to get the block back in tip top shape.

P.S. Don't forget to enter my 100th post giveaway!

3 comments:

  1. I honestly don't know how you do it all...perhaps I did at your age.
    Come to see me at the Brickworks Farmers market on Saturday mornings if you can .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks nice! And if you turn the blocks other ways, you can make stars as well.....
    I have put you in my bloglist, then I can follow you and see what you post in the future.
    Grete from Norway

    ReplyDelete