Saturday, September 22, 2012

Making Progress!

I'm totally impressed with myself. I've made awesome progress on my Totally Manageable List of Sewing Summit Prep Work. This progress didn't come cheap, unfortunately. Much fabric was purchased today. Good thing my fabric diet ended in August!

First, I found a medium weight knit for my Summit maxi skirt class. It's a heathered dark grey and feels wonderful. At first I wasn't very excited about this class. It wasn't one of my first, or even second, choice. But now that I have the fabric in hand, I'm looking forward to making a comfortable skirt that I know I'll get tons of wear out of. If only I could find a knit print for my tee shirt class. I had no idea how difficult it would be to find a print in a medium weight knit!

Second, I finished my Ginger skirt. It fits beautifully (pictures coming soon, promise!). The only thing is, the print and weight (quilting cotton) make it more of a spring/summer skirt and I want a Ginger to wear now! Enter Chicopee cordoroy! Isn't it fabulous?


Third, I picked a pattern to make a tote for Summit. I chose Noodlehead's 241 tote. This bag is all over the blogosphere and I thought it would showcase my Alexander Henry Matryoshka doll print perfectly. I selected a Tula Pink print from The Birds & the Bees, a gold Grunge print and some Quilter's Linen in burgundy to round out the palette. I cut out all the pieces tonight and am hoping to start stitching this together tomorrow.


In other news, have I mentioned before that our Levi is an artist? The kid LOVES art. At daycare last week they painted on fabric! I'm planning to use this piece in a project. Any ideas on what I could use it for?

2 comments:

  1. Your bag with doll prints will be lovely! And the young artists print will look nice with log cabin sides around, in alle colours used in the print. The artist can look at it and feel proud when seeing it at the wall.

    ReplyDelete