Saturday, September 15, 2012

Sewing Summit To Do List

With Sewing Summit less than a month away, I'm starting to get overwhelmed with everything I hope to get done to bring with me. You see, the Google group is full of people planning swaps, dinners and outings. It seems like everyone is planning to make crafty things to bring with them: clothes, name tags, swap items, etc. Well, I don't want to be left out of all the fun, but I also don't want to make myself crazy! In an effort to be organized and also realistic, I present...

Lisa's Totally Manageable List of Sewing Summit Prep Work!
  1. Cut charms for the Colour Wheel Swap. I was assigned orange and have ordered two prints from Heaven and Helsinki.
    1. Make a name tag. I've ordered Matryochka fabric for this. I still have to work out the design details.  
    1. Finish my Colette Ginger skirt. It's my first attempt at a skirt and so far, it's going okay. I think making it with quilting cotton was a mistake because of the wrinkle factor. Other sewists on the blogosphere have done it so I thought it would be okay but now I'm not so sure.
    2. Make a reversible tote bag to carry stuff around in.
    3. Make a zippered pouch for the swap. This is an "only if I have time" thing.
    4. Cut out Farmer's Wife pieces to work on during shmooze time. I have two cut out already, but I started piecing one of them at the hospital the other night (my thumb wasn't healing well - it's fine now).
    5. Purchase jersey knit fabric for my tee shirt class and my serger maxi skirt class. If anyone has ideas of good places to purchase this type of fabric either online or in Toronto, please let me know!
    I finished my Liberty Wiksten tank last week, which otherwise would have been on this list. I have a LOT of work ahead of me!

    4 comments:

    1. I see the power of the Matryochka fabric won in the end! Regarding the wrinkles and the skirt - I've made a dress out of quilting cotton and yes, you do get some wrinkles, but not as bad as you would expect, and not everywhere (like linen would). Hopefully we'll see some photos soon??

      ReplyDelete
    2. I know someone posted a bunch of links in gth Where To Buy Knits thread on the google group. I forget where exactly though. See you there!

      ReplyDelete
    3. Hey I got my jersey knit at Fabricland on their clearance table, $5 a meter.

      ReplyDelete