Wednesday, September 5, 2012

WIP Wednesday: The Quickie Edition

I really want to get some work done on my Sew Intertwined quilt tonight so this post is going to be short and sweet. Besides chipping away at the woven blocks for Sew Intertwined, I whipped up an arrow block for my We Bee Learning bee mate Lauralei. She didn't specify colours so I chose four prints that have a retro feel and each have a warm chocolate brown hue. Three of the fabrics came from my scrap bag. I just love using my scraps!

A few commenters asked for the link to the tutorial so here it is. The tutorial is fairly basic and to make a 12.5 by 12.5 block you need to make four arrows and then sew them together.

I've also started my Liberty Wiksten tank.  Now that I think about it, maybe I'll work on it tonight instead of the quilt. I'd love to get some wear out of it while it still feels like summer.


Here are my weekly stats:


In Progress
NEW - Liberty Wiksten Tank
Mug Rug Swap - DONE and RECEIVED by my Partner. I got mine in the mail too!
Curious Nature quilt - no progress
Sew Intertwined quilt -working on my woven blocks
Flora Charm Quilt - no progress
Farmer's Wife QAL - I cut out fabric for two more blocks and started stitching one up during a meeting last night.

Hibernating projects
La Dee Da skirt - no progress
Levi's Growth Chart - no progress
NY Beauty QAL - no progress
We Bee Learning Bee/Levi's Bed Quilt - I received my final block. Now I need to make a bunch more.
 
In the Queue
Sewing Summit Quilted Name Tag
Kona Sea Bundle quilt 
 
Please take some time to check out everyone else's WIP's on  Freshly Pieced and the Canadian Needle and Thread Network.

9 comments:

  1. I really like your fabrics in your arrows for We Bee Learning, and oh my goodness, how nice is the Liberty lawn! Your top will be gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the arrows block is one that makes me wonder what are those arrows pointing at?? and should they point in, or out? Love the colours you have chosen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for finishing the mug rug swap! Levi's growth chart is practically done too; it just needs numbers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like your arrow block, great concept!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A gorgeous block - I'm off to check out the tutorial:) thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great block, and good idea to work on your top first....

    ReplyDelete