Wednesday, October 24, 2012

WIP Wednesday: The Not Much Doing Edition

November is never an easy month for me. As daylight wanes, my mood dips and it takes time for me to adjust to the change. For whatever reason, "November" has arrived early this year. I'm completely exhausted and after putting Levi to bed, all I want to do is sit on the couch with my feet up. As a result, I haven't plugged in my sewing machine since the weekend when I quilted my mini quilt. Tonight, I'll finish hand sewing the binding. Photos to come!


Before Sewing Summit, I prepared four Farmer's Wife blocks to work on during downtime. Hah! The only time I had to work on them was during my flights to and from Salt Lake City.  I finished block 21, Contrary Wife and I think it looks terrific, if I do say so myself.


Here are the fifteen blocks I've completed so far. It will likely take me years to finish this quilt, but it sure it fun to work on.

Done
Nada, nothing, zip-o-lah
 

In Progress
Curves mini-quilt - finishing up the binding by hand
Curious Nature quilt - no progress
Sew Intertwined quilt -no progress
Flora Charm Quilt - no progress
Farmer's Wife QAL - one more block!
October We Bee Learning Bee -must do this weekend

Hibernating projects
Levi's Growth Chart - no progress
NY Beauty QAL - no progress
We Bee Learning Bee/Levi's Bed Quilt - No progress

I'm linking up with  Freshly Pieced and the Canadian Needle and Thread Network. Head on over to see what everyone else is working on.

3 comments:

  1. Your farmer' wife blocks are very nice, I love the colours.
    As for being too tired after a day at work and putting your son to bed, that is just normal. I am impressed you got so much done in the last months. And you are right, autumn came early this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the contrary wife block. Yours turned out beautifully. I think you will really love that quilt when it is finished.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Contrary Wife"! This farmer's wife quilt is so creative.

    ReplyDelete