Friday, December 28, 2012

Coming out of Hibernation

Our house has not been a fun place to be lately. We are entering week three of snot-fest 2012. All three of us are suffering terrible colds and are basically miserable. Mid-illness, we bundled ourselves up, packed our suitcases, and headed to Ottawa to visit family for six days. We had a nice time, but were happy to be home in our own beds.

Needless to say, not much sewing has been done. I did manage to redo Christine's herringbone block. Recall that I'd ended up with an off centre result the first time around:


The second time around went much better and I'm pleased with the block. You'll notice that the crown fabric is upside down, hence my reversing the top of the block in this photo. Hopefully it won't be out of place in the final quilt top arrangement.

I'll be sending both of these blocks off in the mail tomorrow. Maybe Christine will be able to use the wonky block in her quilt back. 



Next up for me is another baby quilt. I'm excited to get it started!

1 comment:

  1. I didn't think it would be possible, but the second one looks even better than the first, even without considering symmetry. That's one fine block.

    ReplyDelete