Sunday, December 9, 2012

Hexies and Hedgies

I decided not to take the English Paper Piecing class at Sewing Summit last October. To be honest, I really didn't understand what all the fuss was about sewing hexies. Sure, they are cute, but why was everyone in blogland so obsessed with them? I do love learning new techniques though, and I've heard that EPP is great for using up scraps. I have a LOT of scraps. So, when I saw that Johanna was teaching a three hour workshop at The Workroom, I signed up.


You guys, I drank the kool-aid! Hexies are SO. MUCH. FUN! They are perfect for fussy cutting. Plus, they are totally portable. 


I'll but using these first flowers to make a block for my grey, chartreuse and plum sampler quilt. I need around six more blocks to make a lap sized quilt. These hexies will be a great addition.

2 comments:

  1. I experienced the same thing. Crazy, eh? LOVE your hexie block, Lisa. Those colours will be fabulous!

    ReplyDelete