Thursday, March 14, 2013

Eenie Meenie...I WIN!

Thank you so much for weighing in on your favourite option for my Drunkard's Path block. Most of you agreed with my first instinct, which was layout three in my photo mosaic.  Here's the finished block:
In other news, I was one of the random draw winners for achieving my February goal for A Year of Lovely Finishes! I've never won fabric before and was very surprised to learn I'd been selected. My prize was a fat quarter bundle from Riley Blake Designs.  I was given a list of bundles to choose from, which was so great of them! I chose their Shuffle bundle which is one of their newer basics collections. Basics are always great stash editions and I can see using these FQs in all sorts of projects. They sent my fabric that very day and it got to me in record time. Sweet!
As I enter my third trimester, my mojo is definitely waning.  A full day of work and getting Levi fed, bathed and into bed (we are into full on terrible two territory over here) leaves me completely drained. My crafty self desperately wants to get going on quilty projects and to blog about them, but the rest of me just wants to sit on the couch and zone out. The rest of me has been winning the battle lately, although the baby in my belly doesn't allow for long periods of lounging, as she likes to do jumping jacks on my bladder. Here's hoping for some sewing time this weekend.

2 comments:

  1. Yay, I saw you listed on the prize page... "knowing" someone who won was almost as good as winning myself (well, almost!). Looks like a cool prize and great that you got to choose it yourself. I never finished the Feb goal, so couldn't enter, but have done better with the March one and have finished already. I like your final decision for the drunkards path block.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why's it called a drunkard's path?

    ReplyDelete