Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Fabric Addicts Anonymous

The first step is to admit you have a problem. I'm not quite ready to do that yet.

Sure, I am powerless when The Workroom gets new fabric line that I've been enviously watching my Instagram friends (aka Enablers) add to their stash. Exhibit A: Lush Uptown.

In my defense, the two prints which I bought yardage of (on the right) are destined to become pillow covers for the throw cushions in my living room. In fact, two of the four have already been made. So this purchase was totally justifiable. We won't speak of the extra three fat quarters that found their way home with me. Or, the FQs below which were essential additions to my Marcelle Medallion palette. The fact that I don't know exactly when and how they'll work into the quilt design is neither here nor there. 
We can all agree that it would be foolish not to buy at least something at the annual Sew Sisters Anniversary sale, right? 29% off people! Everyone needs to have yardage in a variety of stripes for binding at the ready! And having those frames on hand is truly the only way I'll remember to label my quilts. I have no excuse for the Mirror Balls though. Lila insisted I get them to make her a dress with. For a three month old, she's quite persuasive.
Finally, I feel no need to justify purchasing Best Press, foundation paper or air erasable marking pens when they are on sale. I know you understand. The Seam Fix seam ripper just looks cool. A girl deserves a treat, right?
So no. I don't have an addiction to fabric and notions. As one of my Enablers said, it's called building a "workable collection." Call it what you will. I do love me some pretty. What about you? Have you done any stash enhancement lately?

2 comments:

  1. I don't think you have a problem - there is nothing there I wouldn't have bought myself because I might desperately need it (well, apart from the pink disco dots - but there's no accounting for taste).

    ReplyDelete