Saturday, January 10, 2015

Little Mats to Brighten my Days

Well, would you look at me? I committed to blogging about each and every finish of 2015 and here I am, ready to share yet another mug rug!

The mug rug I made to decorate my desk at work has proven to be too small for the various drink vessels that I collect throughout the day. You know, the coffee cup, water glass and soda can. A six inch square can only hold so much!

This little mat is mine, all mine. I wanted something that would make me smile when I looked at it, and this lion print by Sarah Watts from her August collection does it for me every time. In fact, the bag I carry every day uses a different colourway of this very print in canvas.

This coral and navy combo is one of my ultimate favourite colour combinations. And who can resist gold metallic pearl bracelets? No one can. It's a fact.

I also wanted a quick finish. As I've mentioned in my last post, improv piecing is a current obsession, but I couldn't get too creative this time, because I wanted to use a good sized piece of the lion print and a mug rug needs to be small. But I did have fun adding the coral and gold pops to the navy strips on the right. I ended up adding the gold strip in between the lions and the navy because I wanted an entire arrow across the bottom of the mat. I'm thrilled with the way it turned out!

P.S. If I was a better blogger, I would have waited until there was daylight tomorrow to take this photo. But alas, I am impatient.


2 comments: